Availability of Amendment to the Office of Developmental Programs' Adult Autism Waiver
[49 Pa.B. 5260]
[Saturday, September 7, 2019]
The Department of Human Services (Department) is making available for public review and comment the Office of Developmental Programs' (ODP) proposed amendment to the Adult Autism Waiver.
Whenever substantive changes are made to an approved waiver, the Department must submit an amendment to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for approval. The Department proposes to amend the Adult Autism Waiver effective October 1, 2019, as follows:
• Add a new service, non-medical Transportation.
• Revise provider qualifications for all employment-related services to require certification by July 1, 2020.
• Revise the frequency of verification of provider qualifications from every 30 months to every 36 months.
• Require providers to execute an ODP Waiver Provider Agreement to replace the current Adult Autism Waiver Provider Supplemental Agreement.
• Add reserved capacity for participants to re-enroll in the Adult Autism Waiver after a stay in a hospital or rehabilitative care lasting more than 30 days.
• Revise performance measures and terminology to align with the other ODP waivers.
• Transition from an interest list to a waiting list based upon level of care determinations conducted by the Administrative Entities.
• Revise the service definitions of employment-related services to add a provision for accessing those services during a period when the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation is operating under a closed order of selection.
It is anticipated that there will be an additional cost of $0.230 million ($0.110 million in State funds) to the Commonwealth in Fiscal Year (FY) 2019-2020 and an annualized cost of $0.307 million ($0.147 million in State funds) in FY 2020-2021 and subsequent years for the Autism Services and Intervention appropriation.
The proposed amendment to the Adult Autism Waiver, effective October 1, 2019, is available at http://dhs.pa.gov/citizens/autismservices/adultautismwaiver/aawamendment/index.htm.
Interested persons are invited to submit written comments regarding the proposed waiver amendment. Comments should be addressed to Laura Cipriani, Department of Human Services, Office of Developmental Programs, 625 Forster Street, Room 510, Harrisburg, PA 17120. Comments may also be submitted to the Department at RAfirstname.lastname@example.org using subject header ''AAW Amendment.''
Comments received within 30 days of publication of this notice will be reviewed and considered for revisions to the proposed waiver amendment.
The Department will also hold a webinar to receive comments on the proposed waiver amendment. The date, time and link for registration to attend this webinar is as follows:
September 16, 2019
10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The following link must be used to register for the webinar: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5591990095297686285. Participants are able to participate in the webinar by phone, but will need a computer to provide comments during the webinar. To assist the Department in accurately capturing comments provided during the webinar, individuals are asked to submit a written copy of their comments by e-mail or mail to the previously listed address.
Persons with a disability who require an auxiliary aid or service may submit comments using the Pennsylvania AT&T Relay Service by dialing 711 or by using one of the toll free numbers: (800) 654-5984 (TDD users), (800) 654-5988 (voice users), (844) 308-9292 (Speech-to-Speech) or (844) 308-9291 (Spanish).
Copies of this notice and waiver amendment may be obtained by contacting the Bureau of Autism Services, P.O. Box 2675, Harrisburg, PA 17105, RAemail@example.com.
TERESA D. MILLER,
Fiscal Note: 14-NOT-1355. (1) General Fund; (2) Implementing Year 2019-20 is $110,000; (3) 1st Succeeding Year 2020-21 through 5th Succeeding Year 2024-25 are $147,000; (4) 2018-19 Program—$30,842,000; 2017-18 Program—$27,669,000; 2016-17 Program—$22,496,000; (7) Autism Intervention and Services; (8) recommends adoption. Funds have been included in the budget to cover this increase.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 19-1374. Filed for public inspection September 6, 2019, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.