Title 255—LOCAL COURT RULES
Local Rules Relating to Compulsory Arbitration; Misc. Doc. No. 60305 for 2018
[49 Pa.B. 214]
[Saturday, January 12, 2019]
Order of Court
And now, December 20, 2018, Bedford County Local Rule of Civil Procedure 1302 is amended as follows:
Rule 1302. List of Arbitrators; Appointment of Board; Compensation.
1. The Prothonotary of Bedford County shall maintain a list of available arbitrators in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Rules of Civil Procedure.
2. The Prothonotary of Bedford County shall make all appointments of arbitrators in cases being submitted to compulsory arbitration, subject to the applicable provisions of the Rules of Civil Procedure.
3. The chairman of the board of arbitration shall be paid the sum of $275.00 for a hearing lasting one-half (1/2) day. Each other member shall be paid the sum of $200.00 for a hearing lasting one-half (1/2) day. In the event a hearing lasts a full day, the chairman shall be paid $375.00 and each member shall be paid the sum of $300.00. In the event the matter is settled and no hearing is held, the chairman only shall be paid the sum of $125.00 for work performed in preparation for the hearing. Payment shall be made by the County of Bedford.
This amendment shall become effective thirty (30) days from date of publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
The Bedford County District Court Administrator is Ordered and Directed to do the following:
1. Forward one (1) copy of this Order to the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts via e-mail to email@example.com.
2. Upon written notification from the Civil Rules Committee that the amended Local Rule is not inconsistent with the statewide rule, send two (2) paper copies of this Order together with one (1) electronic copy in a Microsoft Word format only to the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
3. Publish a copy of this amended Local Rule on the Bedford County Court website at www.bedfordcountypa.org and thereafter compile the amended Local Rule within the complete set of Local Rules no later than thirty (30) days after the amended Local Rule becomes effective.
4. File one (1) copy of the Local Rule in the Office of the Prothonotary of Bedford County and in the Bedford County Law Library for public inspection and copying.
By the Court
THOMAS S. LING,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 19-43. Filed for public inspection January 11, 2019, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.