Local Rules of Judicial Administration; No. 2016IR0074
[47 Pa.B. 7558]
[Saturday, December 16, 2017]
And Now, this 4th day of December, 2017, it is hereby Ordered and Decreed that Bradford County Court of Common Pleas adopts the following Local Rules of Judicial Administration governing the Public Access Policy for the 42nd Judicial District to be effective thirty (30) days after publication.
The Bradford County District Court Administrator is Ordered and Directed to do the following:
1) File one (1) copy of the local rules with the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts via email to email@example.com.
2) Forward two (2) paper copies and one (1) electronic copy in a Microsoft Word format to the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
3) Publish the local rules on the court's website after publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
4) Forward one (1) paper copy and/or (1) electronic copy in a Microsoft Word format for the publication Bradford County Law Journal.
5) File one copy of the local rules in the appropriate filing offices for public inspection and copying.
By the Court
MAUREEN T. BEIRNE,
LOCAL RULES OF JUDICIAL ADMINISTRATION
Rule 100. Confidential Documents.
A. Pursuant to Section 7.0 of the Public Access Policy of the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania: Case Records of the Appellate and Trial Courts, unless required by applicable authority, the following information is confidential and shall not be included in any document filed with the Court or the Office of the Prothonotary, Clerk of Courts, or Clerk of Orphans' Court, except on a Confidential Information Form filed contemporaneously with the document:
1. Social Security Numbers;
2. Financial Account Numbers, except an active financial account number may be identified by the last four digits when the financial account is the subject of the case and cannot otherwise be identified;
3. Driver License Numbers;
4. State Identification (SID) Numbers;
5. Minors' names and dates of birth except when a minor is charged as a defendant in a criminal matter (see 42 Pa.C.S. § 6355); and
6. Abuse victim's address and other contact information, including employer's name, address and work schedule, in family court actions as defined by Pa.R.C.P. No. 1931(a), except for victim's name.
Section 7.0 of the said Public Access Policy and this Rule are not applicable to cases that are sealed or exempted from public access pursuant to applicable authority.
B. The Confidential Information Form shall be available on the website of Court Administration and at the Offices of the Prothonotary and Court Administrator.
C. Parties and their attorneys shall be solely responsible for complying with the provisions of this section and shall certify their compliance to the Court. The certification that shall accompany each filing shall be substantially in the following form: ''I certify that this filing complies with the provisions of the Public Access Policy of the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania: Case Records of the Appellate and Trial Courts that require filing confidential information and documents differently than non-confidential information and documents.''
D. The Court or staff of the Office of the Prothonotary, Clerk of Courts, or Clerk of Orphans' Court is not required to review or redact any filed document for compliance with Section 7.0 of said Public Access Policy or this Rule. A party's or attorney's failure to comply with Section 7.0 of said Public Access Policy or this Rule shall not affect access to case records that are otherwise accessible.
E. If a filed document fails to comply with the requirements of Section 7.0 of said Public Access Policy or this Rule, the Court may, upon motion or its own initiative, with or without a hearing order the filed document sealed, redacted, amended or any combination thereof. The Court may impose sanctions, including costs necessary to prepare a compliant document for filing in accordance with applicable authority.
F. This Rule shall apply to all documents for any case filed with the Court or in the Office of the Prothonotary, Clerk of Courts, or Clerk of Orphans' Court on or after January 6, 2018.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 17-2072. Filed for public inspection December 15, 2017, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.