Adoption of Local Rule of Judicial Administration 200 Confidential Documents; No. AD-1192-2017
[47 Pa.B. 7019]
[Saturday, November 18, 2017]
Amended Administrative Order of Court
And Now, this 26th day of September, 2017, pursuant to the Public Access Policy of the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania adopted by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and effective January 6, 2018, It Is Hereby Ordered as follows:
1. Clinton County Local Rule of Civil Procedure 205.2(a) is rescinded.
2. Clinton County Local Rule of Judicial Administration 200 Confidential Documents that follows is adopted and will be effective thirty (30) days after publication in The Pennsylvania Bulletin. The District Court Administration shall:
(a) File with the Legislative Bureau for publication in The Pennsylvania Bulletin.
(b) File one (1) copy with Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts (AOPC) via email to email@example.com.
(c) Publish a copy of Local Rule 200 on this Court's website.
(d) Compile Local Rule 200 within the complete set of Local Rules within thirty (30) days of publication in The Pennsylvania Bulletin.
By the Court
CRAIG P. MILLER,
Local Rule of Judicial Administration 200. Confidential Documents.
A. Unless required by applicable authority the following information is confidential and shall be not included in any document filed with the Court or the Office of the Prothonotary, Clerk of Courts, or Clerk of Orphans' Court, except on a Confidential Information Form filed contemporaneously with the document:
1. Social Security Numbers;
2. Financial Account Numbers, except on active financial account number may be identified by the last four digits when the financial account is the subject of the case and cannot otherwise be identified;
3. Driver License Numbers;
4. State Identification (SID) Numbers;
5. Minors' names and dates of birth except when a minor is charged as a defendant in a criminal matter (see 42 Pa.C.S. § 6355); and
6. Abuse victim's address and other contact information, including Employer's name, address and work schedule, in family court actions as defined by Pa.R.C.P. No. 1931(a), except for victim's name.
This section is not applicable to cases that are sealed or exempted from public access pursuant to applicable authority.
B. The Confidential Information Form shall be available on the website of the Court and at the Office of Court Administrator.
C. Parties and their attorneys shall be solely responsible for complying with the provisions of this section and shall certify their compliance to the Court. The certification that shall accompany each filing shall be substantially in the following form: ''I certify that this filing complies with the provisions of the Public Access Policy of the Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania: Case Records of the Appellate and Trial Courts that require filing confidential information and documents differently than non-confidential information and documents.''
D. The Court or staff of the Office of the Prothonotary, Clerk of Courts, or Clerk of Orphans' Court is not required to review or redact any filed document for compliance with this section. A party's or attorney's failure to comply with this section shall not affect access to case records that are otherwise accessible.
E. If a filed document fails to comply with the requirements of this section, the Court may, upon motion or its own initiative, with or without a hearing order the filed document sealed, redacted, amended or any combination thereof. The Court may impose sanctions, including costs necessary to prepare a compliant document for filing in accordance with applicable authority.
F. This section shall apply to all documents for any case filed with the Court or in the Office of the Prothonotary, Clerk of Courts, or Clerk of Orphans' Court on or after January 6, 2018.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 17-1869. Filed for public inspection November 17, 2017, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.