Local Rules of Judicial Administration; No. 2016IR0074
[46 Pa.B. 7623]
[Saturday, December 10, 2016]
And Now, this 29th day of November, 2016, it is hereby Ordered and Decreed that Bradford County Court of Common Pleas adopts the following Local Rules of Judicial Administration governing court reporting and transcripts for the 42nd Judicial District to be effective thirty (30) days after publication.
The Bradford County District Court Administrator is Ordered and Directed to do the following:
1) File one (1) copy of the local rules with the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Forward two (2) paper copies and one (1) electronic copy in a Microsoft Word format to the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
3) Publish the local rules on the court's website after publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
4) Forward one (1) paper copy and/or (1) electronic copy in a Microsoft Word format for the publication Bradford County Law Journal.
5) File one copy of the local rules in the appropriate filing offices for public inspection and copying.
By the Court
MAUREEN T. BEIRNE,
Local Rules of Judicial Administration
These rules supplement the Pennsylvania Rules of Judicial Administration and are implemented to comply with Pa.R.J.A. 4009.
Rule 4007. Requests for Transcripts.
(A) All requests for transcripts shall be set forth on the standardized form provided by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Court Administrator. This form may be obtained from Bradford County Court Administrator's Office or on the county website when available.
(B) For an ordinary transcript, the party requesting a full or partial transcript of a trial or other proceeding shall file the original request with the office in which the matter is filed, either the Prothonotary's Office or Register and Recorder's Office. The requesting party shall also serve copies of the formal request to:
(1) the judge presiding over the matter;
(2) the court reporter or court recorder;
(3) the district court administrator or his or her designee;
(4) opposing counsel, but if not represented, the opposing party.
An affidavit of service shall be filed after service.
(C) Daily, expedited, same day and rough draft transcripts are not available.
(D) When a litigant requests a transcript:
(1) the litigant ordering a transcript shall make a deposit payment in the amount of 95% of the estimated total costs of the transcript. Deposit checks are to be payable to Bradford County and shall be delivered to the District Court Administrator.
(2) Upon receipt of the 95% deposit, the court reporter assigned to the proceeding shall be directed by Order of the presiding judge to prepare the transcript.
(3) The court reporter(s) shall notify the ordering party and the District Court Administrator upon completion of the transcript and shall indicate the balance due. Checks for the final balance due are to be made payable to Bradford County and shall be delivered to the District Court Administrator.
(4) Transcripts shall not be filed and copies shall not be delivered until the final balance is paid as set forth above.
(E) Any request by a litigant for a transcript alleging inability to pay due to economic hardship must proceed pursuant to B.C.R.J.A. 4008(B).
(F) Deposits pursuant to B.C.R.J.A. 4007(D)(2) above shall not apply for requests for transcripts by the Court, the Commonwealth or the County.
Rule 4008. Transcript Costs.
(A) Costs payable:
(1) Electronic Format.
(a) The costs payable by the initial ordering party other than the Commonwealth, County or Court, for a transcript delivered via electronic format shall be $2.25 per page.
(b) The costs payable by the initial ordering party who is the Commonwealth, County or Court for a transcript delivered via electronic format shall be $1.75.
(2) Paper Format.
(a) The costs payable by the initial ordering party other than the Commonwealth, County or Court for a transcript delivered via paper format shall be $2.50 per page.
(b) The costs payable by the initial ordering party who is the Commonwealth, County or Court for a transcript delivered via paper format shall be $2.00.
(B) Economic hardship—minimum standards
(1) See Pa.R.J.A. 4008(B)(1).
(2) See Pa.R.J.A. 4008(B)(2).
(3) See Pa.R.J.A. 4008(B)(3).
(4) Request to waive all or a portion of costs
(a) To request a waiver or reduction of transcript costs:
(i) Legal Aid Services must attach to their request for transcript a letter of certification verifying, as provided in Pa.R.J.A. 4008(B), that the client meets financial eligibility and that the matter is under appeal or that the transcript being requested is necessary to advance the current litigation.
(ii) Self-represented litigants claiming economic hardship must attach to the request for transcript (1) a fully completed In Forma Pauperis Petition pursuant to Pennsylvania Rule of Civil Procedure 240 and (2) a letter of certification that the matter is under appeal and setting forth the reasons a transcript is needed for appeal or that the transcript being requested is necessary to advance the current litigation and set forth the reasons for such need.
(C) See Pa.R.J.A. 4008(C)
(D) Copies of transcripts—Any requests to the filing offices for copies of filed transcript shall be directed to the District Court Administrators office. Any copy of transcripts shall be produced solely by the court reporter or court recorder. The costs of copies shall be in accordance with Pa.R.J.A. 4008(D) and shall be paid in advance payable to Bradford County and delivered the District Court Administrator.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 16-2106. Filed for public inspection December 9, 2016, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.