DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Act 2010-110 Photo Identification Badges
[45 Pa.B. 2427]
[Saturday, May 16, 2015]
The Department of Health (Department) provides notice that the following provisions of section 809.2 of the Health Care Facilities Act (35 P. S. § 448.809b), enacted by the act of November 23, 2010 (P. L. 1099, No. 110), will become effective June 1, 2015.
The following individuals must wear photo identification badges:
• All employees and physicians working at health care facilities licensed by the Department who provide direct care to patients or consumers
• All employees and physicians working at the private practice of physicians who provide direct care to patients or consumers
• All employees and physicians working at an employment agency who provide direct care to patients and consumers
The badge must include the following:
• A recent photograph of the employee
• The employee's name
• The employee's title
• The name of the employee's health care facility or employment agency
The title of the employee shall be as large as possible in block type and shall occupy a 1/2-inch tall strip as close as practicable to the bottom edge of the badge. The following titles must be used when applicable:
• A Medical Doctor shall have the title ''Physician''
• A Doctor of Osteopathy shall have the title ''Physician''
• A Registered Nurse shall have the title ''Registered Nurse''
• A Licensed Practical Nurse shall have the title ''Licensed Practical Nurse''
Abbreviated titles may be used when the title indicates licensure or certification by a Commonwealth agency.
An employee is not required to wear an identification badge while delivering direct care to a consumer if it is not clinically feasible.
The last name of the employee may be omitted or concealed when delivering direct care to a consumer who exhibits symptoms of irrationality or violence.
Further information regarding the implementation of these requirements will be available at https://app2.health.state.pa.us/CommonPOC/Login/Login.aspx.
Persons with a disability who require an alternative format of this document (for example, large print, audiotape or Braille) should contact Susan Coble, Director, Bureau of Community Program and Licensure, Room 132, Kline Plaza, Suite A, Harrisburg, PA 17104, (717) 783-3188 or for speech and/or hearing impaired persons use V/TT (717) 783-6514 or the Pennsylvania AT&T Relay Service at (800) 654-5984.
KAREN M. MURPHY, PhD, RN,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 15-918. Filed for public inspection May 15, 2015, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.