Authorization of Wheelchair Accessible Taxicab Medallions; Doc. No. 15-003
[45 Pa.B. 1239]
[Saturday, March 7, 2015]
By the Authority:
The Philadelphia Parking Authority (the ''Authority''), regulates all taxicab and limousine service in the City of Philadelphia (the ''City'').1 The Authority is currently empowered to issue and sell 45 new taxicab medallions and 1 existing medallion.2 Effective June 1, 2015, the Authority will be empowered to issue and sell an additional 15 new taxicab medallions.
On November 25, 2014, the Authority entered an Order at Docket No. 14-004 authorizing revised terms for the sale of taxicab medallions (the ''November Order''). The November Order did not result in the sale of any taxicab medallions and is hereby rescinded. The background information included in the November Order is incorporated herein and is available for review on the Authority's Internet website at www.philapark.org.
It Is Ordered That:
1. The Director of the Authority's Taxicab and Limousine Division (''TLD''), or his designee (the ''Director''), is authorized to administer the sale of the following:
(a) A previously authorized, but now unissued medallion to be identified by the number ''1601'' and as further reviewed in our Order dated March 28, 2013, at Docket No. P-12-02-01; and
(b) Forty-five new Philadelphia taxicab medallions currently authorized by the Act; and
(c) Effective June 1, 2015, 15 additional new medallions authorized by the Act (See 53 Pa.C.S. § 5711(c)(2)(ii)).
2. Each of the 61 medallions authorized for sale by this Order is hereby designated a WAV medallion, in perpetuity.
3. Each of the 61 medallions authorized for sale by this Order will be further identified by the letters ''WP'' (Wheelchair Philadelphia), which shall proceed the number assigned to the medallion. The numbers assigned to the new medallions referenced in paragraph Nos. 2 and 3 will be sequential beginning with the number ''1602'' as provided in Sections 11 and 12 of this Order.
4. Each medallion authorized by this Order will be sold separately by sealed competitive bid, as provided by the Authority's regulations.
5. Each sealed bid for a medallion must be filed with the TLD Clerk, by hand delivery, at the TLD's headquarters at 2415 South Swanson Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148.
6. In order to be considered filed, a medallion bid must be time stamped by the TLD's Clerk.
7. The Clerk may only time stamp a medallion bid as follows:
a) Between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on the business day preceding the date of the scheduled medallion sale; or
b) Between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. on the day of the scheduled medallion sale.
8. The upset price for each medallion will be $50,000. The Board does not set this minimum bid based upon an understanding of fair market value, but as a basis to permit the market to set the appropriate value of this new class of medallion.
9. The Director may, in his discretion, remove any medallion from a scheduled bid opening date. In this case, the sale of that medallion will be rescheduled for sale as provided in this Order.
10. The Director may, in his discretion, remove any medallion from a scheduled bid opening date and place the medallion before this Board for a new sale authorization, pursuant to such terms and conditions as the Board may then impose.
11. The sealed bids for the medallions will be opened by the Director at the TLD's headquarters at 10:00 a.m. at 2415 South Swanson Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148 as follows:
a) On May 6, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1601, WP-1602 and WP-1603.
b) On May 13, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1604, WP-1605 and WP-1606.
c) On May 20, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1607, WP-1608, WP-1609 and WP-1610.
d) On May 27, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1611, WP-1612, WP-1613 WP-1614, WP-1615, WP-1616 and WP-1617.
e) On June 3, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1618, WP-1619, WP-1620, WP-1621, WP-1622 and WP-1623.
f) On June 10, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1624, WP-1625, WP-1626 WP-1627, WP-1628, WP-1629 and WP-1630.
g) On June 17, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1631, WP-1632, WP-1633, WP-1634, WP-1635, WP-1636 and WP-1637.
h) On June 24, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1638, WP-1639, WP-1640, WP-1641, WP-1642, WP-1643 and WP-1644.
i) On July 1, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1645, WP-1646, WP-1647, WP-1648, WP-1649 and WP-1650.
j) On July 8, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1651, WP-1652, WP-1653, WP-1654, WP-1655 and WP-1656.
k) On July 15, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1657, WP-1658, WP-1659, WP-1660 and WP-1661.
12. Medallions scheduled for bid in May, but rescheduled by the Director, may be scheduled for sale as follows:
a) On July 22, 2015: the first 5 of any medallions removed from the bid schedule.
b) On July 29, 2015: all other medallions removed from the bid schedule.
13. Medallions scheduled for bid in June, but rescheduled by the Director, may be scheduled for sale as follows:
a) On August 5, 2015: the first 5 of any medallions removed from the bid schedule.
b) On August 12, 2015: all other medallions removed from the bid schedule.
14. Medallions scheduled for bid in July, but rescheduled by the Director, may be scheduled for sale as follows:
a) On August 19, 2015: the first 5 of any medallions removed from the bid schedule.
b) On August 26, 2015: all other medallions removed from the bid schedule.
15. Upon removal of a medallion from a scheduled bid date, the Director shall promptly identify the alternate bid date that will apply to that medallion as provided for in this Order on the Authority's Internet website and through a notice published in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
16. The mandatory closing date for every medallion assigned to a successful bidder is 60 days from the date of the successful bid, unless extended by the Director for good cause.
17. This Board's Order dated November 25, 2014, at Docket No. 14-004 is rescinded and no further action shall be taken by the Director in furtherance of the implementation of that order.
18. The contact person for this Order is James R. Ney, Director, Taxicab and Limousine Division, (215)-683-9417.
19. The Executive Director shall cause this Order to be deposited with the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
VINCENT J. FENERTY, Jr.,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 15-445. Filed for public inspection March 6, 2015, 9:00 a.m.]
1 See 53 Pa.C.S. § 5701 et seq., as amended, (the ''act'').
2 See 53 Pa.C.S. §§ 5711(c)(2) and 5717(a).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.