PHILADELPHIA PARKING AUTHORITY
Authorization of Wheelchair Accessible Taxicab Medallions; Doc. No. 14-004
[44 Pa.B. 7805]
[Saturday, December 13, 2014]
By the Authority
The Philadelphia Parking Authority (the ''Authority''), regulates all taxicab and limousine service in the City of Philadelphia (the ''City'').1 The Authority is currently empowered to issue and sell 45 new taxicab medallions.2
On August 5, 2014, the Authority entered an Order at Docket No. 14-003 authorizing the sale of taxicab medallions (the ''August Order''). The August Order did not result in the sale of any taxicab medallions and is hereby rescinded. The background information included in the August Order is incorporated herein and is available for review on the Authority's Internet website at www.philapark.org.
It Is Ordered That
1. The Director of the Authority's Taxicab and Limousine Division (''TLD''), or his designee (the ''Director''), is authorized to administer the sale of the 45 Philadelphia taxicab medallions currently authorized by Act 119 (collectively the ''45 medallions''). Each of the 45 medallions is hereby designated a WAV medallion, in perpetuity.
2. Prior to the effective date of Act 119, 1,600 medallions were authorized for issuance by statute. One of those medallions had been surrendered by the owner, which made that medallion nontransferable. However, a 1,600th medallion remains available for issuance. That medallion will be numbered ''1601'' (the number used to identify the surrendered and nontransferable medallion will not be used again). This issue was addressed in the Board's Order dated March 28, 2013, at Docket No. P-12-02-01.
3. In the event that the review of the Authority's March 28, 2013 Order is finally resolved in the Authority's favor, the Director is also authorized to administer the sale of medallion 1601, as provided in this Order. Medallion 1601 will be sold as a WAV medallion and remain a WAV medallion in perpetuity.
4. The 45 medallions will be identified by a numbering system to include ''WP'' (Wheelchair Philadelphia) before the number assigned to the medallion. The first of the 45 Medallions will be identified as ''WP-1602'', the second will be ''WP-1603'', and so on. Medallion 1601 will be identified as ''WP-1601''.
5. Each medallion authorized by this Order will be sold separately by sealed competitive bid, as provided by the Authority's regulations.
6. Each sealed bid for a medallion must be filed with the TLD Clerk, by hand delivery, at the TLD's headquarters at 2415 South Swanson Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148.
7. In order to be considered filed, a medallion bid must be time stamped by the TLD's Clerk.
8. The Clerk may only time stamp a medallion bid as follows:
a) Between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on the business day preceding the date of the scheduled medallion sale; or
b) Between 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. on the day of the scheduled medallion sale.
9. The upset price for each medallion will be $350,000.
10. The Director may, in his discretion, remove any medallion from a scheduled bid opening date. In this case, the sale of that medallion will be rescheduled for sale as provided in this Order.
11. The Director may, in his discretion, remove any medallion from a scheduled bid opening date and place the medallion before this Board for a new sale authorization, pursuant to such terms and conditions as the Board may then impose.
12. The sealed bids for the medallions will be opened by the Director at the TLD's headquarters at 11:00 a.m. at 2415 South Swanson Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148 as follows:
a) On February 11, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1602 and 1603.
b) On February 18, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1604, WP-1605 and 1606.
c) On February 25, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1607, WP-1608, WP-1609 and WP-1610.
d) On March 4, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1611, WP-1612, WP-1613, WP-1614 and WP-1615.
e) On March 11, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1616, WP-1617, WP-1618, WP 1619 and WP-1620.
f) On March 18, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1621, WP-1622, WP-1623, WP-1624, WP-1625, WP-1626 and WP-1627.
g) On March 25, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1628, WP-1629, WP-1630, WP-1631, WP-1632, WP-1633 and WP-1634.
h) On April 1, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1635, WP-1636, WP-1637, WP-1638, WP-1639, WP-1640 and WP-1641.
i) On April 8, 2015: Medallion Nos. WP-1642, WP-1643, WP-1644, WP-1645, WP-1646 and WP-1601.
13. Medallions scheduled for bid in February, but rescheduled by the Director, may be scheduled for sale as follows:
a) On April 22, 2015: the first 5 of any medallions removed from the bid schedule.
b) On April 29, 2015: all other medallions removed from the bid schedule.
14. Medallions scheduled for bid in November, but rescheduled by the Director, may be scheduled for sale as follows:
a) On May 7, 2015: the first 5 of any medallions removed from the bid schedule.
b) On May 14, 2015: all other medallions removed from the bid schedule.
15. Medallions scheduled for bid in December, but rescheduled by the Director, may be scheduled for sale as follows:
a) On May 27, 2015: the first 5 of any medallions removed from the bid schedule.
b) On June 3, 2015: all other medallions removed from the bid schedule.
16. Upon removal of a medallion from a scheduled bid date, the Director shall promptly identify the alternate bid date that will apply to that medallion as provided for in this Order on the Authority's Internet website and through a notice published in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
17. The mandatory closing date for every medallion assigned to a successful bidder is 60 days from the date of the successful bid.
18. This Board's Order dated August 5, 2014, at Docket No. 14-003 is rescinded and no further action shall be taken by the Director in furtherance of the implementation of that order.
19. The contact person for this Order is James R. Ney, Director, Taxicab and Limousine Division, (215)-683-9417.
20. The Executive Director shall cause this Order to be deposited with the Legislative Reference Bureau for publication in the Pennsylvania Bulletin.
VINCENT J. FENERTY, Jr.,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 14-2602. Filed for public inspection December 12, 2014, 9:00 a.m.]
1 See 53 Pa.C.S. § 5701 et seq., as amended, (the ''act'').
2 See 53 Pa.C.S. §§ 5711(c)(2) and 5717(a).
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.