Increase in Clerk of Courts' Fees; No. 820 MD 2016
[46 Pa.B. 6967]
[Saturday, November 5, 2016]
And Now, This 18th of October, 2016, pursuant to 42 Pa.C.S.A. § 1725.4(a)(2), the Westmoreland County Clerk of Courts' request to increase fees and charges effective November 1st, 2016 is approved at a level not to exceed 2.9%. The amount of this approval is the calculated percentage difference in the consumer price index for Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers for the U.S. city average, all items, not seasonally adjusted, for the benchmarks of 2013 through 2015, the immediate three years preceding the last increase,
By the Court
RICHARD E. McCORMICK, Jr.,
Fee Increase Notice
In accordance with Act 36 of 2000 that amends Title 42, Section 1725.4 the Westmoreland County Clerk of Courts Fee Schedule will increase 2.9% effective November 1st, 2016.
The 2.9% increase is based upon the U.S. Department of Labor-Bureau of Labor Statistics-Consumer Price Index for Urban Workers (not seasonally adjusted), for the time period of January 2013 through December 2015.
The following are the Clerk of Courts fees adjusted November 1st, 2016.
1. A fee of $221.30 will be collected for all proceedings in all misdemeanor and felony cases disposed of at any time during or after trial.
2. A fee of $165.90 will be collected for all proceedings in all misdemeanor and felony cases disposed of before trial.
3. A fee of $33.10 for all proceedings in summary matters.
4. A fee of $11.00 for all certifications
5. A fee of $22.00 for all other matters filed in the office and for all reports prepared by the clerk except that no fee shall be charged for filing township and borough audit reports or transcripts received which indicate a final disposition by the district justice.
6. A fee of $55.20 for the filing of an appeal from a summary conviction before a district justice.
7. A fee of $66.30 for an appeal from the court of common pleas to an appellate court.
8. A fee of $0.065 per dollar for the first $1,000 and $0.025 per dollar for each additional $1,000 or fraction thereof for the handling of money paid into court.
These fees are subject to change every three years based on Act 36 of 2000.
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 16-1897. Filed for public inspection November 4, 2016, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.