Additional Requirements for Adoption Petitions; Administrative Order 2016-02
[46 Pa.B. 6825]
[Saturday, October 29, 2016]
Order of Court
And Now, this 21st day of July, 2016, it is hereby Ordered and Decreed that all Adoption Petitions in the County of Northampton shall contain the following, in addition to those requirements promulgated in the Pennsylvania Orphans' Court Rules, effective September 1, 2016:
1. Petitioner must provide a copy of his/her identification with the Adoption Petition, only Driver's Licenses or other government-issued identification will be accepted.
2. Any birth certificate provided must be originals, not copies, as to ensure the accuracy of the document.
3. Original Death Certificates, if applicable, must be provided to prove the death of a prospective adoptee's parent.
4. If parental rights have been terminated by a Court of this Commonwealth, certified copies of these proceedings must be filed along with the Adoption Petition.
5. Clearances must be filed along with the Adoption Petition where the Petitioner is not a relative of the adoptee.
6. The requisite Counseling Fee in the amount of Seventy-Five Dollars ($75.00) must be paid at the time of filing of an Adoption Petition. Alternatively the Petition must contain a request to waive the fee.
By the Court
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 16-1855. Filed for public inspection October 28, 2016, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.