DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
[41 Pa.B. 6309]
[Saturday, November 19, 2011]
The Department of Transportation (Department), Bureau of Maintenance and Operations, Division of Highway Safety and Traffic Operations, under 75 Pa.C.S. § 6103(c) (relating to promulgation of rules and regulations by department), gives notice of the following:
1) The Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) 2009 Edition Final Rule was published by the Federal Highway Administration at 74 FR 66730 (December 16, 2009). The effective date of the Final Rule is January 15, 2010.
2) In accordance with 23 CFR 655.603(b)(3) (relating to standards), states or other Federal agencies that have their own MUTCDs or supplements shall revise these MUTCDs or supplements to be in substantial conformance with changes to the National MUTCD within 2 years of the effective date of the final rule for the changes. Substantial conformance of state or other Federal agency MUTCDs or supplements shall be as defined in 23 CFR 655.603(b)(1).
3) Section 212.2(b) of 67 Pa. Code (relating to adoption of Federal standards) provides that, in accordance with 75 Pa.C.S. § 6103(d), if the MUTCD is amended or modified by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), the amendment will take effect on the effective date specified by the FHWA unless the Department publishes a notice in the Pennsylvania Bulletin stating that the amendment or modification will not apply.
4) The Department has concluded its comprehensive review of the MUTCD 2009 Edition.
5) The Department adopts the MUTCD 2009 Edition, as published by the FHWA.
6) The provision of the MUTCD 2009 Edition shall provide the standards applicable in this Commonwealth under 67 Pa. Code Chapter 212 (relating to official traffic control devices).
BARRY J. SCHOCH, P.E.,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 11-2016. Filed for public inspection November 18, 2011, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.