Applications for Approval to Acquire Control of the Pennsylvania Domiciled Insurance Subsidiaries of Highmark, Inc. and Independence Blue Cross; Notice of Public Informational Hearing
[38 Pa.B. 2205]
[Saturday, May 10, 2008]
Persons are hereby notified that the Insurance Department of the Commonwealth will hold three public informational hearings regarding the proposed acquisition of the Pennsylvania domiciled insurance subsidiaries of Highmark, Inc. and Independence Blue Cross by a new corporation to be formed through the consolidation of Highmark, Inc. and Independence Blue Cross. The affected subsidiaries include: First Priority Life Insurance Company, Inc., Gateway Health Plan, Inc., HealthGuard of Lancaster, Inc., HM Health Insurance Company, d/b/a Highmark Health Insurance Company, HM Life Insurance Company, Highmark Casualty Insurance Company, Highmark Senior Resources, Inc., HMO of Northeastern Pennsylvania, Inc., d/b/a First Priority Health, Keystone Health Plan West, Inc., United Concordia Companies, Inc., United Concordia Dental Plans of Pennsylvania, Inc., United Concordia Life and Health Insurance Company, QCC Insurance Company, Keystone Health Plan East, Inc., AmeriHealth HMO, Inc., Vista Health Plan, Inc. and Region 6 RX Corp. The applications were received on April 27, 2007, and were made under Article XIV of the Insurance Company Law of 1921 (40 P. S. §§ 991.1401--991.1403). Policyholders and interested persons are invited to attend and participate in the hearing. Persons may attend the hearing without any obligation to speak at the hearing.
1. Dates and Time: July 8 (Pittsburgh); July 10 (Harrisburg); and July 15 (Philadelphia)--hearings will begin at 9 a.m.
2. Locations: Pittsburgh--Westin Convention Center, 100 Penn Avenue
Harrisburg--Harrisburg Hilton, 1 North Second Street
Philadelphia--Philadelphia Sheraton, 17th and Race Streets
3. Nature of Hearing: The public informational hearing will provide an opportunity for policyholders and interested persons to present comments relevant to the previously-referenced transaction. The proceeding will be recorded by a court reporter.
4. Legal Authority: The public informational hearing will be held under the provisions of the Insurance Holding Companies Act (40 P. S. §§ 991.1401--991.1413).
5. Written Comments: Persons who are unable to attend the public informational hearing or would prefer to submit written comments in lieu of speaking at the hearing concerning the previously-referenced transaction, may do so by mailing or delivering a copy of the comment to Robert E. Brackbill, Jr., Chief, Company Licensing Division, Pennsylvania Insurance Department, 1345 Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA 17120, fax (717) 787-8557 or email@example.com. Be advised that all comments received will be part of the public record regarding this filing.
6. Preregistration: Individuals wishing to present comments may register in advance, but the Department will accept participants on the day of the event as well. Advance registration should include: the identity of the speaker, date and location of hearing that the speaker wishes to speak. The Department anticipates scheduling 10 minute time slots per individual, but will take into account other factors. Preference in scheduling will be given to individuals who submit written comments in advance of the hearing and prior to July 2.
Individuals are encouraged to provide advance copies of their remarks. Individuals wishing to preregister, and individuals wishing to submit advanced copies of comments, should contact Robert Brackbill, Chief, Company Licensing Division, 1345 Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA 17120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. ADA Notice: Individuals who require the assistance of auxiliary aids or services to participate in or attend this public informational hearing call the Director of the Bureau of Administration at (717) 787-4298. Individuals who are hearing impaired call the Department's TTY/TDD telephone number (717) 783-3898.
8. Updates: The Department encourages the public to check the Department's web site for updates. Additional details concerning the hearings will be posted on the web site as the time for the hearings approaches.
JOEL SCOTT ARIO,
Acting Insurance Commissioner
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 08-900. Filed for public inspection May 9, 2008, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.