DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt Terminal-Based Lottery Game
[37 Pa.B. 1938]
[Saturday, April 21, 2007]
Under the State Lottery Law (72 P. S. §§ 3761-101--3761-314), and 61 Pa. Code § 875.4 (relating to notice of terminal-based lottery game rules), the Secretary of Revenue hereby provides public notice of the rules for the following terminal-based lottery game:
1. Name: The name of the terminal-based lottery game is Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt. The game will commence at the discretion of the Secretary, and will continue until the Secretary publicly announces a suspension or termination date.
2. Price: The price of a Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt ticket is $1 per game or play. Additional games or plays may be purchased at the discretion of the player. A ticket will contain one to five games or plays.
3. Description of the Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt lottery game:
(a) Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt is designed to give players the opportunity to win one prize in each game or play.
(b) For a $1 purchase, the player gets a ticket containing five different numbers ranging from 1 to 30. Players can win a prize by matching winning numbers randomly selected by the Lottery as determined and publicly announced by the Secretary.
(c) Correctly matching two or more of the five winning numbers randomly selected by the Lottery, and meeting all other validation criteria, entitles the ticket holder to a prize identified in Section 6(a) (relating to prizes available to be won and determination of prize winners).
4. Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt bet slip and ticket characteristics:
(a) To purchase a ticket, the player shall remit to an on-line retailer the purchase price, submit the completed Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt bet slip or request the number selection through quick pick or manual terminal entry to have a ticket issued. The ticket shall consist of one to five games or plays, each containing one five-number selection for each $1 wagered, the drawing date or range of dates for which the ticket is entered, amount bet, and validation number data. On tickets containing multiple games or plays, each five-number selection will be identified by a letter prefix: A for the first game or play printed on the ticket; B for the second game or play printed on the ticket; C for the third game or play printed on the ticket; D for the fourth game or play printed on the ticket; and E for the fifth game or play printed on the ticket. This ticket shall be the only valid proof of the bet placed, and the only valid receipt for claiming a prize. The ticket shall only be valid for the drawing date or range of dates printed on the ticket.
(b) Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt bet slips shall be available at no cost to the player. The minimum wager is $1. For $1, play game A; for $2, play games A and B; for $3, play games A, B, and C; for $4, play games A, B, C and D; for $5, play games A, B, C, D and E. Games shall be selected in accordance with the instructions printed on the Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt bet slip. A Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt bet slip has no pecuniary or prize value and does not constitute evidence of the purchase of a ticket or the numbers selected.
(c) If Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt bet slips are unavailable, number selections may be given to an on-line retailer in groups of five-number selections, for each game or play and for each $1 wagered. The retailer shall manually enter the selections into the Lottery terminal.
(d) A player may also request number selection using the quick pick option by indication on the bet slip or making the request to an on-line retailer.
5. Time, place and manner of conducting drawings.
(a) Time of drawing. A Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt drawing will be held on a daily basis or as determined and publicly announced by the Secretary.
(b) Place of drawing. A Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt drawing will be conducted in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area unless the Secretary directs that a drawing or part of the drawing procedure be conducted at some other location.
(c) Manner of conducting drawings. The Lottery will select, at random, five numbers from 1 through 30, with the aid of mechanical devices or any other selection methodology as authorized by the Secretary. The five numbers selected will be used in determining winners for each individual drawing. The validity of a drawing will be determined solely by the Lottery.
6. Prizes available to be won and determination of prize winners:
(a) Determination of Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt prize winners for tickets correctly matching the winning numbers selected by the Lottery are:
(1) Holders of tickets upon which the player's five numbers, in a single game or play, match the five winning numbers selected by the Lottery, shall be the winner of the jackpot category prize.
(i) The minimum jackpot category prize will be $10,000 divided equally by the number of tickets determined by the Lottery to be entitled to claim a jackpot category prize. The Lottery will estimate and announce the projected amount of the upcoming jackpot prior to the drawing. Payment will be made in the amount estimated and announced as the projected jackpot, or in the actual amount of the jackpot, whichever is greater, divided equally by the number of plays on tickets determined by the Lottery to be entitled to claim a jackpot category prize.
(ii) Prize money allocated to the jackpot category will be paid on a pari-mutuel basis. If more than one winning jackpot prize play is determined, each, upon meeting the requirements of 61 Pa. Code §§ 875.10 and 875.11 (relating to terminal-based lottery game ticket validation and requirements; and procedures for claiming and payment of prizes), is entitled to a prorated payment share of the total jackpot prize category.
(iii) If, in a Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt drawing, there are no winning jackpot prize plays, prize money allocated to that prize category will be carried forward and added to the amount allocated for the jackpot prize category money in the next Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt drawing (20.46% of sales).
(2) Holders of tickets upon which four of the player's numbers, in a single game or play, match four of the winning numbers selected by the Lottery, shall be entitled to a prize of $100.
(3) Holders of tickets upon which three of the player's numbers, in a single game or play, match three of the winning numbers selected by the Lottery, shall be entitled to a prize of $6.
(4) Holders of tickets upon which two of the player's numbers, in a single game or play, match two of the winning numbers selected by the Lottery, shall be entitled to a prize of $1.
(b) All Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt prize payments, including the jackpot prize, will be made as a one-time, lump-sum cash payment.
(c) A winning Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt ticket is entitled only to the highest prize won by those numbers in each game or play appearing on the ticket.
(d) The number of prize categories, the allocation of prize money among the prize categories, and the minimum jackpot category amount may be changed at the discretion of the Secretary and the change will be announced by public notice. The changes will only apply prospectively to Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt drawings as of the date specified in the public notice.
7. Probability of winning. The following table sets forth all possible ways that a prize can be won on a single ticket; corresponding prize or prizes won; and probability of winning each prize or combination of prizes:
Number Of Winning Numbers Selected By The Player In A Single Game Or Play Probability Of Winning Per Game Or Play Are 1 In: Prize Won: 5 142,506.00 Jackpot 4 1,140.05 $100 3 47.50 $6 2 6.20 $1
8. Retailer Incentive and Marketing Promotion Programs.
(a) The Lottery may conduct a separate Retailer Incentive Program for retailers who sell Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt lottery tickets. The conduct of the Program will be governed by 61 Pa. Code § 811.41 (relating to promotional prizes).
(b) Retailer Incentive and Marketing Promotion Programs, including the use of unfunded free tickets, may be implemented at the discretion of the Secretary. If needed, funds for the programs, including the payment of prizes resulting from the programs, will be drawn from the Lottery Fund.
9. Unclaimed Prize Money: For a period of 1 year from the announced close of Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt game, prize money from winning Pennsylvania Treasure Hunt lottery game tickets will be retained by the Secretary for payment to the persons entitled thereto. If no claim is made within 1 year of the anniversary date of the drawing in which the ticket or chance was entered, the right of a ticket holder to claim the prize represented by the ticket, if any, will expire and the prize money will be paid into the State Lottery Fund and used for purposes provided for by statute.
10. Governing Law: In purchasing a ticket, the player agrees to comply with and abide by the State Lottery Law (72 P. S. §§ 3761-101--3761-314), 61 Pa. Code Part V (relating to State Lotteries) and the provisions contained in this notice.
THOMAS W. WOLF,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 07-710. Filed for public inspection April 20, 2007, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.