Notice to Medical Malpractice Insurance Carriers and Self-Insured Health Care Providers
[32 Pa.B. 4408]
Insurance companies that offer basic limits medical malpractice coverage are required to report medical malpractice claims information to the Medical Care Availability and Reduction of Error Fund (Fund) and the Insurance Department (Department) for insureds who are subject to the provisions of the Medical Care Availability and Reduction of Error (MCare) Act (40 P. S. §§ 1303.101--1303.5108). Organizations and physicians that self-insure their medical malpractice exposures are also required to report this claims information. These reports are required under section 743 of the MCare (40 P. S. § 1303.743).
The following calendar year 2001 claims information must be reported to the Fund and to the Department by October 15, 2002:
* the aggregate amount of premium earned;
* the aggregate amount of losses paid;
* the aggregate amount of losses incurred;
* the aggregate amount of loss reserves outstanding;
* the aggregate amount of loss adjustment expenses paid;
* the aggregate amount of loss adjustment expenses incurred;
* the aggregate amount of loss adjustment expense reserves outstanding;
* a table showing separately by accident year and county the number of claims first reported (or arising) in 2001;
* a table showing separately by accident year and disposition (that is judgement of arbitration panel, judgment of court, settlement or other) the number of claims closed (or disposed) in 2001;
* a separate table for each type of disposition identified previously showing for claims closed (or disposed) in 2001 separately by accident year: the number of claims closed (or disposed) with payment; the total losses incurred for those claims closed with payment; the basic coverage premiums collected.
Reports must be submitted in electronic form as an Excel spreadsheet or in printed form. A letter has been mailed instructing medical malpractice carriers to submit their 2001 data.
Medical malpractice carriers who have not received a letter should contact Brenna Murphy, Actuarial Associate, 1311 Strawberry Square, Harrisburg, PA 17120, (717) 783-2114, e-mail email@example.com. Questions concerning the information contained in this notice may also be directed to Brenna Murphy.
M. DIANE KOKEN,
[Pa.B. Doc. No. 02-1575. Filed for public inspection September 6, 2002, 9:00 a.m.]
No part of the information on this site may be reproduced for profit or sold for profit.
This material has been drawn directly from the official Pennsylvania Bulletin full text database. Due to the limitations of HTML or differences in display capabilities of different browsers, this version may differ slightly from the official printed version.